There are lots of backup plugins over in the WordPress repository, but there’s only one that is the world’s highest ranking scheduled backup plugin, has a 5-star rating, and has 1+ million active installations and that’s UpdraftPlus.
The free version is a great plugin but the premium version has features that make backing up and restoring your WordPress sites so much easier and until the 3oth November 17 you can get 20% off the usual price.
In this super short post, I’ll run through my top five reasons for using UpdraftPlus Premium and I’ll provide you with links to the Black Friday deal with that reduction of 20%!
My Affiliate Links Disclosure
Hi everyone. Just to let you know that many of the links on this site are my affiliate links. What that means is that if you click one of them and buy something… I get a commission. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and I only recommend things that I’ve tried and tested, so please, please, please… use my links.
My top five reasons for using UpdraftPlus Premium
Like I say, the free version of UpdraftPlus is a great backup and restore plugin, but the premium version has features that make your backups and restores so much easier.
Here are my top five reasons for using UpdraftPlus Premium:
- #1 – Schedule the day and time of your automatic backups – the free version allows you to schedule daily backups, weekly backups etc. but the premium version allows you to pick a day of the week and a time. This means that you can schedule your backups when you won’t be busy working on your site and when traffic will be low.
- #2 – Backup WordPress core files in addition to Database, Plugins, Themes and Uploads – the free version allows you to backup Database, Plugins, Themes and Uploads but the premium version also allows you to backup your WordPress core files including your all-important wp-config.php file with its database settings.
- #3 – Backup to sub folders in Dropbox – the free version allows you to backup to remote locations, including Dropbox, but all backups are stored in the same folder. The premium version allows you to store your backups in sub folders, so if you have ten sites to backup you can create ten sub folders and backup each site to its own sub folder. Using sub folders makes it much easier to manage your backups.
- #4 – Migrate / clone (i.e. copy) websites – with UpdraftPlus Premium you can easily clone or migrate your website to a different URL. And you can do it all from your dashboard… in just a few minutes.
This feature is useful if you want to clone a site for testing, or if you’re a developer wanting to build a custom site on a local or temporary domain and then move it over to a live domain later on.
- #5 – Free dedicated expert support – with the free version you can get support over in the WordPress.org support area but with the premium version you get access to Free dedicated expert support and let’s face it, one day that may be a real life saver!
Those are my top five reasons for using UpdraftPlus Premium but if you want a complete list of features check out UpdraftPlusFree VS. UpdraftPlusPremium.
UpdraftPlus simplifies backups and restoration. It is the world’s highest ranking and most popular scheduled backup plugin, with over a million currently-active installs. Backup your files and database backups into the cloud and restore with a single click!
Head over to UpdraftPlus and pick up the #1 rated WordPress backup plugin with a 20% saving!
It’s quick, it’s easy and with 1+ million active installations and a 5-star rating, it’s easy to see why UpdraftPlus is the world’s highest ranking scheduled backup plugin.
And don’t forget, even though this is a Black Friday deal, it doesn’t finish until 3oth Nov so head over to UpdraftPlus and claim your 20% discount.